|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (Project GESTOR)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÒ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
Seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with expertise in sanitation sewer systems to work in within framework of the Project GESTOR. “Development of an advanced tool for proactive management and for the efficiency of water resources in urban wastewater infrastructure” RTC-2016-4876-5) funded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness and ERDF, which has a duration of 3 years. The main goal of GESTOR is to develop an information and technologies tool that helps making decisions about management of urban wastewater systems. The tool has three pillars: 1) monitoring combined sewer overflows, 2) detection of infiltration/exfiltration, 3) determination of corrosion-lifetime of sewer pipes.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Position: Research Technician
- Expected start: March 2017
- The position is approximately for 24 months + possible extension up to the end of the project.
- Temporal position
- Gross salary package: Between 18.000-19.000 €/year depending on qualifications.
The position will be involved in both field and laboratory work, including monitoring of sewer networks using advanced on-line instruments, off-line chemical analysis and implementation and maintenance of on-line control systems developed within the project. The position will require fluid interaction with IT technicians and wastewater utility managers and operators. The project will be carried out in the sanitation system of Peñiscola (Castellón, Valencian Community) thus the candidate must have availability to spend continuous-extended periods of time on the field site.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertaking mostly field but also lab experiments, including identifying, acquiring and commissioning necessary equipment.
- Installation, repair, calibration, and general maintenance of equipment in field and laboratory.
- Sewer monitoring through the deployment of sensors and telemetry and manual sampling.
- Deployment and maintenance of on-line and off-line control systems.
- Collection and compilation of experimental and field monitoring data.
- Assist with report writing.
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Technology or Science.
- Spanish, Catalan and High level in English
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater engineering systems.
- Good knowledge and mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment.
- A good understanding of Occupational Health &Safety and Hazard Operations in wastewater engineering.
- Practical knowledge and skills in a technical environment (laboratory and field), in particular in science and/or engineering disciplines
- An understanding of fundamental field and laboratory safety such as handling of biological and chemical hazards.
- Ability to efficiently learn new skills and gain knowledge within the scope of the position.
- Excellent skills in record keeping.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in report writing.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently with limited supervision, and as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated and ability to resolve issues using own initiative.
- Good communication and organisational skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines.
- Good knowledge in water chemistry.
- Demonstrated skills in operating full- or pilot-scale water and wastewater systems.
- Competency in PLC systems.
- Experience in conducting engineering experimental work in the field of water management, at laboratory-scale but preferably at pilot-scale or full-scale.
- Experience with environmental engineering, ideally in water or wastewater.
- Experience in maintaining and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Experience with data analysis and critical assessment of operational procedures.
- Experience with field work such as water sampling and filtration, and water quality measurement with multiprobes.
- Experience in liaising and collaborating with industry partners.
- Experience with maintenance and calibration of general laboratory equipment, and ability to train users.
- Construction and development of biotechnological equipment requiring electrical, mechanical engineering, and design skills.
- Experience in writing scientific/technical reports and user-friendly manuals/notes to document procedures and operating instructions.
- Experience with data analysis and critical assessment of analytical procedures.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of interest for the position.
- Photocopy of the titles of their studies.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is February, 08th 2017. Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. ‘RT_GESTOR’ in the subject of the email.