|JOB OPPORTUNITIES||TECHNICAL SUPPORT PERSONNEL (PTA)|
DEAD LINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
EMAIL TO SEND THE CV
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: November 2022
- Temporal Position. The position is for 36 Months.
- Gross Annual Salary package: 24.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
We are currently looking for a highly motivated person with interest and background in analytical chemistry to apply for a national call of Technical Support Personnel (PTA) and if he or she succeed will join the Scientific and Technical Services (SCT) of ICRA in the LC/MS division. The main supervisor will be Diana Alvarez, Head of the LC/MS division.
The job will be focused on target and non-target analysis of organic contaminants in aqueous samples. The main tasks will be:
- Reception and pre-treatment of samples.
- Extraction and purification of samples following in place methodologies (mainly SPE).
- Quantification of target compounds using appropriate software.
- Assist in the development of a non-target workflow for the detection and identification of relevant contaminants.
- Preparation of results reports.
- Maintenance of the lab in proper operating conditions, clean and ordered, as well as remove waste materials generated by laboratory activity.
- Other administrative duties related to the lab work and maintenance of stocks.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: in analytical chemistry working with Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry. Demonstrable previous experience in target and non-target analysis, scientific publications within these topics are highly desired as well as participation in national and international projects of related topics.
- Knowledge: Extraction, purification and quantification of organic contaminants using target analysis. Identification of unknown compounds using non-target analysis.
- Skills: Experience with basic laboratory equipment such as analytical balances, automatic pipettes, filtration systems, pH meter, etc. Experience performing Solid Phase Extraction and making up standards solution is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
DNI or NIE (valid and with work permit in Spain).
Aplications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “PTA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is January, 28th 2022.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Call application: the candidate selected will participate in the preparation of the documents required for the application of the call open between the 7th and the 24th of February 2022.
- Call results published: once the results of the call have been published (by November) if the candidate has been granted a job offer will be sent to him or her.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate within 20 days of the call results have been published.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.
Basic information on Data Protection
Responsible: Fundació Institut Català de Recerca de l’Aigua (ICRA); Purpose: The selection of candidates for current and future jobs offered by our organization; Rights: You have the right to access, rectify and delete the data, as well as other rights indicated in the additional information; Additional information: You can consult the additional and detailed information on Data Protection on our website: http://www.icra.cat/politica-de-privacidad