|JOB OPPORTUNITIES||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN|
DEAD LINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
EMAIL TO SEND THE CV
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: 01/12/2019
- Temporal Position. The position is for 1 Month
- Gross Annual Salary package: 16.150 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
A research technician is needed to complete a series of lab analysis resulting from 4 seasonal surveys of the SPACESTREAM project. During a month, the technician will be asked to complete about 1280 analysis of organic matter samples, and about 64 water samples, all coming from the Algars river basin, at the lower Ebro.
- Perform the previously mentioned analysis of organic matter and water chemistry.
- Review the results for data curation.
- Interact with the SPACESTREAM team to understand the type of samples and expected analysis.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Experience: at least 12 months in a stream ecology lab.
- Knowledge: Degree or Master in Environmental sciences or similar.
- Skills: languages (Spanish and English), software (R, sigmaplot, ArcGIS or Q-GIS), lab (elemental analysis of CNP, water chemistry analysis).
Desirable: experience in data curation processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Degree and/or Master title, CV in CVA format and motivation letter.
Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref. “Tech_SPACESTREAM” in the subject of the email. The deadline to submit the required documentation is October, 24th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.