|JOB OPPORTUNITIES||POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER (E4H2O)|
DEAD LINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
EMAIL TO SEND THE CV
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: November 1st, 2019
- Temporal position. The position is for 24 Months (Approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: According to the candidate merits and qualifications.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
ICRA is seeking to fill a postdoctoral research fellow position in the scope of the ERC Starting Grant ELECTRON4WATER - Three-dimensional nanoelectrochemical systems based on low-cost reduced graphene oxide: the next generation of water treatment systems (www.electron4water.com), led by Prof. Jelena Radjenovic. The successful applicant is expected to conduct independent research on the project, and work closely with the PhD students working on the project. The scholar will also be exposed to a multidisciplinary research environment at ICRA, and potentially involve in other ongoing projects.
Successful candidate will receive a two-year contract, with possible extensions based on performance. Salary will depend on the previous experience of the candidate, as evaluated by the members of the reviewing committee.
- Synthesis of graphene-based printed sensors for the detection of organic/inorganic contaminants in water.
- Electrochemical characterization of the synthetized materials using cyclic voltammetry, electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and other techniques.
- Surface characterization of the synthesized materials using scanning electron microscopy (SEM), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), X-ray powder diffraction (XRD) and other techniques.
- Edit scientific publications to be submitted to leading scientific journals in the field of research.
- As with all PhD students and postdoctoral fellows a small proportion of the time will be allocated to communal services such as joint laboratory cleanings etc.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- Experience: Previous research experience in the field of synthesis and characterization of screen-printed graphene based sensors is highly desired.
- Knowledge: Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Environmental Electrochemistry, Material Science and Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Skills: Excellent English communication skills. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan will be taken favourably into account. High quality first author publications in peer-reviewed journals. Capable of working independently with minimum supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
- Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
- International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
- Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation to be submitted:
The following documentation is required in order to apply for this position. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Motivation letter, Scientific and professional Curriculum Vitae, including work placements and an updated list of academic publications with their number of citations and journal impact factors.
Short summary (maximum 1 page) to identify the main areas of research of the candidate.
Contact details of 3 professional referees that can be contacted if the candidate is invited to attend an interview.
Applications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to email@example.com indicating ref.”PostDoc_E4H2O” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is October, 17th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.