|OFERTA||PhD STUDENT POSITIONS|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
The Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA), based in Girona (Spain), is offering 2 PhD Student Positions in the Area of Technologies and Evaluation within the framework of a recently awarded project “Smart decentralised water management through a dynamic integration of technologies, WATINTECH” from the JPI Water - WATERWORKS 2014 EU call.
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Position: 2 Full Time PhD Student Positions
- Expected start date: May-June 2016
- The position up to for 3 years
- Temporal position
- Gross salary package: 15.000 €
The Catalan Institute for Water Research (ICRA), based in Girona (Spain), is offering 2 PhD Student Positions in the Area of Technologies and Evaluation within the framework of a recently awarded project “Smart decentralised water management through a dynamic integration of technologies, WATINTECH” from the JPI Water - WATERWORKS 2014 EU call. The project is focused on solutions for Water Smart Cities and explores novel sewer mining technologies with urban run-off treatment in decentralised facilities to enhance the local recovery of valuable resources including water, methane and value-added chemicals, either extracting or producing them from the fluxes inside a sewage pipe, in addition to harvesting stormwater. The project is composed by 5 different international research and industry organizations. The project is coordinated by Prof Ignasi Rodríguez-Roda, from the Technologies and Evaluation research area of ICRA.
The topics of the PhDs will be:
- Decentralised energy recovery from sewage.
- Producing Value-added products from sewage to control sewer corrosion.
Both PhDs will include intensive experimental work at lab-scale facilities, data analysis and elaboration of scientific reports/publications with the results obtained.
- Set-up and operation of experimental lab-scale reactors for the project tasks.
- Design and execution of well control experiments.
- Sample analysis.
- Data analysis and compilation in scientific reports and publications.
The applicant should have a degree in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, chemistry or related degrees with a good track record. Also a MSc in Water treatment/technologies or related areas is required. The candidates will enrol to the PhD program offered by the University of Girona.
Furthermore applicants should:
- Provide good marks.
- Documented interest in experimental research like activities (e.g. demonstrated in the form of master thesis work) is of large importance.
- Demonstrate an interest in connecting knowledge of multiple disciplines as the PhD projects will we embedded in a wider context that includes aspects of engineering, microbiology, electrochemistry, and wastewater.
- Be flexible to move to other research labs during the duration of the PhD
The candidates should have English proficiency. Spanish/Catalan fluency will be also positively evaluated.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment with high level of communication.
- Good communication skills
- Applicants must send full application consisting of Curriculum Vitae (including academic marks), a motivation letter (400 words max.) and the contact details for at least 2 academic referees that might be contacted for recommendation.
- If the candidate can’t prove a good level of English through an official certificate, part of the interview will be in English.
- The deadline to submit documentation to this call is 08th May 2016, and candidates should send the required documents to ICRA address firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. PhD_WATINTECH.