|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (SCAN)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available:1 Research Technician
- Expected start: January 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is approximately for 6 months..
- Gross Annual Salary package: Between 19.000-21.000 €/year depending on qualifications.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Technician with expertise in water treatment, sewer and wastewater treatment systems to work in the Project “Development of chemometric tools for the detection of different compounds and development of new indices in water matrices” in the framework of the Industrial Doctorates Plan co-funded by the Catalan Government, Grant nº 2017DI009. The project aims to improve the accuracy, reliability and detection capacity of spectrophotometric instruments, to increase the number of detectable contaminants in water-wastewater matrices and reduce the limits of detection of current instruments. The project is in the stage of testing the developed sensors in real field applications thus we require an experimental technician with the capacity to plan, execute and extract relevant data from sensors installation both a full and laboratory scale. Data analysis of big sets of data related to water-wastewater systems will be also necessary as one of the goals is to incorporate the developed instruments in the overall sensor and cloud measurements already happening in the urban water cycle.
The position will be involved in mainly in field work but also and laboratory work, including monitoring of sewer networks and wastewater treatment plants using advanced on-line instruments, off-line chemical analysis and implementation and maintenance of detection tools developed within the project. The position will require fluid interaction with IT technicians and wastewater utility managers and operators.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Undertaking mostly field but also lab experiments, including identifying, acquiring and commissioning necessary equipment.
• Installation, repair, calibration, and general maintenance of equipment in field and laboratory.
• Sewer, Water and wastewater treatment plants monitoring through the deployment of sensors and telemetry and manual sampling.
• Collection and compilation of experimental and field monitoring data.
• Assist with report writing.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Technology or Science.
- Spanish driving license.
- High level in English.
- Experience in conducting engineering experimental work in the field of water management, at laboratory-scale but preferably at pilot-scale or full-scale.
- Experience with environmental engineering, ideally in water or wastewater.
- Experience with data analysis and critical assessment of operational procedures.
- Experience with field work such as water sampling and filtration, and water quality measurement with multiprobes.
- Experience in liaising and collaborating with industry partners.
- Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge of water and wastewater engineering systems.
- A good understanding of Occupational Health &Safety and Hazard Operations in wastewater engineering.
- Practical knowledge and skills in a technical environment (laboratory and field), in particular in science and/or engineering disciplines
- Ability to efficiently learn new skills and gain knowledge within the scope of the position.
- Excellent skills in record keeping.
- Ability to attend to detail.
- Demonstrated skills in report writing.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Personal qualities
- Ability to work effectively and independently with limited supervision, and as a member of a team.
- Self-motivated and ability to resolve issues using own initiative.
- Good communication and organisational skills and the ability to meet objectives within set deadlines.
- Experience in writing scientific/technical reports and user-friendly manuals/notes to document procedures and operating instructions.
- Experience with data analysis and critical assessment of analytical procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
- Documentation Submitted:
- Photocopy of the titles of their studies.
- Letter of interest for the position.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Aplications and DeadlineDeadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “Tech_SCAN” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is December 3th, 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.