|OFERTA||RESEARCH TECHNICIAN (NEWBIES)|
DATA DE PUBLICACIÓ
DATA LÍMIT PRESENTACIÓ OFERTES
EMAIL ENVIAMENT CV
DESCRIPCIÓ DE L'OFERTA
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: 7th January 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 18 Months at part-time (20 h/week)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 9.000 €
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
NEWBIES is a LIFE project funded by the European Commission and aims at developing, testing and assessing an innovative electrochemical-based technology to recover nitrogen from wastewater streams. This job refers to the environmental assessment part, which implies conducting a Life Cycle Assessment study using the data gathered during the experimental phase. It also implies to compare the environmental benefits and impacts from the innovative technology against existing N-recovery technologies.
To achieve these goals the successful candidate will participate in the following tasks:
- Define the goal and scope of the study;
- Collect inventory data from the innovative electrochemical-based technology and from other technologies which will be used for comparison; The data collection involves primary process data (input-output flows for wastewater treatment activities, effluents quality, other emissions);
- Estimate environmental impacts using impact assessment methods from ReCiPe and using Simapro;
- Interpret the results;
The position will report to Dr Lluís Corominas, the chair of the LCA working group from the International Water Association.
- The main responsibility of the successful candidate is to contribute to achieving the objectives outlined above
- Edition of (at least) 1 scientific manuscript to be published in high impact peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Knowledge dissemination through scientific conferences.
- Edition of technical reports
- Participation in the LIFE Project meetings
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & SELECTION CRITERIA
Must Have – Required
- Education: University degree at master level in environmental sciences, bioengineering, chemical engineering related
- Experience: previous experience on Life Cycle Assessment; scientific publishing;
- Skills: Ecoinvent, statistics, proficient user of at least one LCA software (e.g. SimaPro), scientific writing, proficient user of spoken and written English
- Education: Holding a PhD in environmental sciences or similar;
- Knowledge: fate and removal of contaminants, water chemistry, wastewater treatment technologies, sustainability assessment, uncertainty assessment
- Skills: scientific writing, demonstrated abilities of stakeholder engagement, knowledge of Spanish or Catalan
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENTITLEMENTS
Working conditions: Employed in compliance with Spanish legislation and regulations. Employees receive the benefits of the Spanish Social Security system covering sickness, maternity/paternity leaves and injuries at work.
International Environment: The opportunity to join a prestigious international research institution and become a member of a young and growing research group.
Continuous training in a high-quality environment.
HOW TO APPLY & SELECTION PROCESS
Documentation Submitted: Motivation Letter and CV, recommendations to be made available upon request.
Aplications and Deadline for applications:
Send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating ref. “NEWBIES_LCA” in the subject of the email.
The deadline to submit the required documentation is December 13th 2019.
- Pre-selection: will be based on CV, experience, skills and motivation letter.
- Interviews: Short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
- Offered Position: Job Offer will be sent to the successful candidate after the interview.
In ICRA we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings or sexual orientation.
Recruitment will be carried out as provided for in Article 15 of Royal Legislative Decree 1/1995 of 24 March passing the text of the Workers' Statute Act, in accordance with the provisions of Article 2 of Royal Decree 2720/98 of 18 December (B.O.E. 8 January 1999), Act nº 12/2001 of July 9 (B.O.E. 10 July) and concordant regulations.
The principle of equality between men and women is taken into account, in accordance with Article 14 of the Spanish Constitution, the EU Directive of 9 February 1976 and the provisions of the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of March 4, 2005, passing the Plan for gender equality in the General State Administration.
Universal accessibility for persons with disabilities is taken into account, in accordance with paragraph 2 of Article 1 of Act nº 51/2003 of 2 December on equal opportunities, and 5% of vacancies are reserved provided the candidates pass the selection processes and are able to accredit disability and compatibility in performing the tasks so that we will progressively reach 2% of the total workforce.